last week over on beauty nine to five, i contributed a post about some of the best hair serums and the science behind their effectiveness on treating dry, damaged and frizzy hair. did your favourite make the list?
After a long, hot summer of playing outdoors, the sun, chlorine, and generally laid back hair-care routine can wreak havoc on our delicate tresses. Frizzy, damaged and dry hair can benefit not only from a healthy dose of treatment conditioner, but also from a smoothing hair serum to tame those fly-aways and bring back the silky sheen we all covet. Many of the most effective serums, such as the ones we have chosen here, are packed full of rejuvenating nutrients, weightless precious oils and shine enhancing light reflecting particles that will keep hair smooth and happy from morning to night, all season long.
1. Josie Maran Argan Oil Serum, $30: Moisture packed vitamin E is blended with Argan Oil to treat the hair, taming the frizz from the inside out.
2. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Dry Mist Oil, $24: This dry oil contains Bamboo Extract and Kendi Oil, providing heat styling protection while nourishing damaged hair, leaving it silky, soft and nourished.
3. Phyto Phytokératine Serum, $30, available at Sephora: Formulated with exotic oils and silk peptides, this smoothing serum is lightweight and packed full of damage reducing powerhouse ingredients.
4. L’Oreal Eversleep Frizz Taming Crème Serum, $12: This silicone and sulfate free formula is water based and thus an ideal option for those with fine hair.
5. Ojon Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy, $35: Full of exotic treatment oils like Kukui, Ojon. and Monoi this weightless treatment oil can be used pre-blowdry to assist with heat damage or as a shine booster after styling.