i’m excited to share some of my favorite beauty “must-have” items with you! one of the best things about summer is relinquishing some of those time-consuming beauty routines in favor of a more carefree approach. these are the beauty items that help me achieve an unfussy, polished look, allowing me to spend the time i save basking in the sun.
1. don’t be afraid of a little colour, and for summer, i love to add a pop of bright pink to a relaxed makeup look. it instantly brightens up your face and is perfect for those sultry summer evenings.
my pick: MAC in pink nouveau | $16
2. a tinted moisturizer that doubles as a sunscreen is a beautiful thing! this one happens to be the best on the market – it seriously gives your skin a luminous glow and keeps it protected at the same time.
my pick: NARS pure radiant tinted moisturizer | $42
3. low-maintenance for summer is a total must in my book. why not skip the blow dryer in place of a hair serum straight out of the shower? the serum tames frizz and keeps it shiny and sleek.
my pick: moroccan oil treatment | $20
4. the sun can really dry out the hair causing long-term damage in the process. in the summer, i add a once weekly deep conditioner to my routine to keep my hair strong and healthy.
my pick: aveda damage remedy treatment | $29
5. as soon as the heat hits, it’s a signal to break out the neon nail polish for the fingers and the toes.
my pick: essie in flirty fuchsia | $9
6. a bronzer is a year round favorite in my makeup bag, but in the summer, i’m a little bit more liberal with my application! blend it into the highest points of the face: the cheekbones, hairline, down the bridge of the nose and a little dot on the tip of the chin.
my pick: guerlain terracotta | $50
7. let’s face it: we all sweat, especially when the mercury rises. nothing is worse than raccoon eyes, so i switch to a waterproof mascara formulation in the summer. it’s also perfect for the beach, both in and out of the water!
my pick: l’oreal voluminous waterproof | $9