summer is in full effect and i’m pulling out my summer esentials! these are a few of the items i’m never without come those first days of summer… i narrowed this list down to six of my favourite easy essentials (minus sunscreen):
1. a tinted moisturizer with a built in spf is a must for the warmer months. there’s nothing worse than that goopy feeling of makeup on your face when the temps rise and this one will keep you looking luminous while letting that summer glow shine through. (the nars one is ridiculously amazing. check out my review here)
2. a neon nail colour instantly screams summer and gets you into the spirit of the season.
3. every saturday morning during the summer i head out to the farmers market (it’s literally across the park from my apartment!) and this casual tote is perfect for carrying all your goodies home, not to mention perfect for the beach or pool.
4. moisturized skin is beautiful skin and this is the season to show it off. this organic oil smells divine, is light and absorbent, and will give your skin a dewy, sexy luster.
5. whenever possible, i live in a ponytail or bun during the summer. i add this lightweight “gel” to damp hair to keep it frizz free and smelling wonderful all summer long.
6. there’s debate about whether flip-flops are “fashionable” but when the heat rises, i reach for this easy solution to footwear. i absolutely love living in flip-flops at every opportunity during the summer. i prefer the slim havaianas… in gold, naturally!
p.s: don’t forget your pedicure! while i don’t get one as often as i’d like (budget!), i always get a few during the summer and maintain it myself throughout the year to save money.
do you follow the sparkle? stay on top of posts by signing up for the rss feed or via email using the sign up box on the right hand column!