aging/dry: dynamic skin recovery spf 30 // sensitive: super sensitive shield spf 30 // oily/acne prone: oil free matte spf 30 // aging preventative: skinperfect primer spf 30 – learn about this revolutionary product here
we’ve heard it time after time – the sun is damaging to skin. with the thousands of products out there, it can be challenging. choosing a skin type specific formula will help you avoid any dreaded blemishes; no matter your skin type, dermalogica has an spf to suit it.
demalogica has always been one of my favourite lines because they use the best science has to offer, like peptides, while merging them with natures best, like vitamins, oils and minerals. i recently attended an event at dermalogica’s learning institute in vancouver, and got up to speed not only on their offerings, but was educated about sunscreen in general with a focus on spf for the face.
so, in the name of beauty, let’s break it down and learn about suncare and how to add it into your beauty routine!
here are some serious suncare facts:
- a full ounce (think a shot glass full) is the amount it takes to cover the whole body excluding the face
- anything over an spf 50 has not been clinically tested to work
- you must re-apply sunscreen every two hours for full effectiveness
- the word ‘sunblock’ has been banned from suncare labels in the US as it’s deemed ‘misleading’
- spray and cloth delivery sunscreens have been pulled from shelves in the US, and will probably be pulled from canada soon due to ineffectiveness
- a high quality sunscreen, like dermalogica, will not clog pores because it combines both physical (earth minerals like titanium dioxide) and chemical ingredients
- the sun is a form of free radical damage which causes skin cells to tear apart, breaking collagen and causing hyper-pigmentation – dermalogica’s sunscreen contains antioxidants like vitamin C and E which fight free radical damage
- ‘broad spectrum’ means it protects from harmful uva and uvb rays – this is what you want!
how to incorporate an spf product into your normal skin care routine:
- adding sunscreen like solar defense booster to your favourite moisturizer
- using a built in sunscreen delivered via a moisturizer like dynamic skin recovery
- double up by using a sunscreen containing primer, like skinperfect primer or foundation
- don’t forget to protect your eye area, neck and decolletage – they show aging first
- use the extra for the backs of your hands
*no, i wasn’t paid to write this nor is this a sponsored post. i just really believe in these products and think you’ll benefit from knowing about them!